Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Feeling Good

One of the greatest feelings in the world is the feeling of accomplishment. 
I'm not sure what it is about this week, 
but it has given me high hopes that this crazy path I chose to go down
is actually going to happen, and in good fashion.

When I was pregnant, the idea of juggling two kids, training and fundraising seemed doable.
Then I was all of a sudden juggling two kids, training and fundraising,
and I honestly felt that I wasn't going to be able to pull it off. 

Dollars weren't coming in like they did the first time around. 
People didn't seem as interested. 
My body was out of shape.
My head was tired.
I was trying to work out an impossible schedule. 

But somehow, and like most things generally do,
everything worked itself out. 

I started training smarter and exercising my core instead of just my legs. 
That turned two miles of slow jogging and walking 
to running long distances in sub 10-minute miles. 
This gave me a stronger body and a clearer mind,
and I believe that played a huge role in boosting my confidence in fundraising.

Now I am hoping to organize a fabulous fundraiser with a local company here in Memphis.
My fingers are crossed, but with how great things have been going, 
I imagine that everything is going to fall into place as it should. 

Today we enjoyed a beautiful run in 60 degree weather.

 photo unnamed-4-1.jpg

Special thanks to my sidekick girlfriend for keeping me entertained on the road.

As I find myself in this great happy place,
I hope that my teammates and anyone reading this finds theirs. 
Cheers, friends!
(And cheers to you, too, Ryan)

If you need help finding your happy place, 
I think you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment